Thursday, September 16, 2010

Where I blog

Have you ever wondered where people behind your favourite blogs are blogging from?

At a desk? On the lounge? The bed? The kitchen? The train?

I stumbled onto Censational Girl's link party Where do you blog from a little too late for entries, but I thought I'd answer that anyway.

At first, I thought I'd style the space as best I could, but then I thought if you want to see where I blog from daily... well, unstyled is best! My husband, 4 year old and I live in a tiny home (484 square foot studio), so where I blog from is the study/office-cum-living space-cum-kitchen-cum-dining and 5 feet from our sleeping area...



I'm all about:
comfort

... so it's either our small lounge (yes folks, that's our one and only lounge) or my desk chair, which is a sink-into chair.

This small settee used to be my porch lounge, but this is the only more-than-one-seater that fits into this small place, so I swapped out the floral seats for 2 seats from my actual lounge set (now in storage). The seats are so comfortable. And the cushions make the otherwise hard back an easy sink-into. I don't like over-pillowed lounges, but this is perfect: no more pillows.



I normally stretch out the length of the lounge. From this position, I can pick up a glass of water or wine from the dining table to my left, in front of me is the TV and my husband's chair where he surfs and watches TV. Hannah's desk is also to the front right of me, so she plays and does craft there... and the small rug space in front of the lounge means I can be there while she plays too.

Two feet in front of the lounge is my desk/office area, which is the "other" blogging spot for me.



I love these small, perfect looking designer chairs, but I don't like working on the laptop for hours perched uncomfortably on them. My vintage $50 eBay purchase suits my needs much better, offering better bum-comfort and great arms for reading, for musing and for writing.

The white meatsafe holds my files, my books... and the mahogany bureau holds my boxes, my books, my curios, cards and pens.



So, where do you blog?

Make sure you go to Censational Girl's Where do you Blog From Link Party page and see where other bloggers write their entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment